This wiki is intended for documentation for planning/contributing to PiTiVi, the Free and Open Source video editor based on GStreamer. Feel free to edit pages on this wiki, but due to the heavy amount of spam we've been experiencing, you will need to request a user account (see Lockdown policy for details).
See the Developer documentation category page for a complete listing of documentation aimed at contributing to PiTiVi. Here is a small overview/some starting points taken from that category:
- Easy and fun projects for new contributors
- Roadmap (long-term plans, mission statement, vision)
- Architecture: where does PiTiVi fit? What are all those components?
- Brainstorming (UI mockups and "future" features only!) and research
See also the Contributing page on the website (includes a "Why contribute to PiTiVi?" section).
Tools to help you get started
- Building with GES (how to build the development version of 0.16 and newer)
- Alternative ways of building (possibly outdated):
- The test suite
Ways to communicate
- Project history - rumors of our death have been greatly exagerated... :)
- Current events - releases, meetings, talks ... See also the planet for news about the project.
- Why Python?
- Praise - a page to list some of the praises and positive comments we received
- Google Summer of Code
Pages that need to be reworked/deleted
The pages in these categories need to be reworked. Help is welcome! Also, feel free to tag pages with these categories should you find that a page is woefully incomplete or outdated: